At Sangal Papers Ltd. preservation of environment has always been of foremost importance. All the products are manufactured from 100% recycled grade of waste paper purchased domestically and imported from various overseas countries, thereby preserving the environment. Even for Nature conservation the company changes its regulations from time to time. In addition to this, we have our own effluent treatment plant (ETP) which takes care of any chemical run-off.
Some of the initiatives taken by the company to remain eco friendly are:
– Company campus is far away from residential area
– Company is using co-generation method for self-production of electricity by using steam generated turbines which is fully environment friendly
– Company organizes environment friendly programs from time to time
– Company has undertaken a project with FICCI – WWF on implementing water & waste water management best practises thereby taking a step to protect the environment
FICCI – WWF conducted pilot intervention in pulp & paper sector to implement water and wastewater management best practises – “Living Ganga Programme” in Ganga Basin. Sangal Papers Ltd. opted to be a part of the project wherein with the assitance of FICCI the study was conducted in our factory premises. The objective of the project was to identify best management practises for water and wastewater management to
– reduce the overall water consumption,
– reduce efluent generation, and
– improve effluent treatment by the units
FICCI – WWF Pilot project proved beneficial for Sangal Papers Ltd. We were able to reduce the water consumption by 50% in our total processes. Further we can reduce the fresh water consumption if treated effluent water can be reused after some tertiary treatment for which certain investment has to be made. This might result in an approximate water saving of 1000 KL/day!!!
Detailed Project Report presented by Sangal Papers Ltd. (View)